Choosing A Letting Agent
Letting residential property in England and Wales is covered by various Housing Acts, and Landlords and Tenants Acts, as well as various Safety Regulations. Using a competent letting agent is by far the best way of ensuring that your property, and you as the Landlord, are protected.
Your letting agent will owe both you and your tenant a duty of care. It is important that this is backed up by both ‘Public Liability Insurance’ and ‘Professional Indemnity Insurance’
Why Ashton & Perkins?
Ashton & Perkins Letting & Management Department is based in Romford at 30 Victoria Road, Romford RM1 2JH is a registered member of Propertymark (ARLA & NAEA), National Approved Letting Scheme (NALS), Ombudsman for Estate Agents (OEA) and the Tenancy Deposit Scheme (TDS).
We pride ourselves on ensuring that we act in the best interests of our clients and provide a comprehensive service. Landlords choosing Ashton & Perkins management service benefit from six month’s free Rental Guarantee and Legal Protection, following successful referencing.
We have an active register of quality professional tenants seeking property of all shapes and sizes. We do not recommend DSS tenants and we usually achieve the asking rent!
Ashton & Perkins is a SAFEagent – Safe Agent Fully Endorsed – is a mark denoting firms that protect landlords and tenants money through a client money protection scheme. Full details of the scope of the scheme can be obtained from the scheme operator. For more information on SAFEagent visit: www.safeagents.co.uk
Which level of service is right for you?
The Let Only Service
On receipt of formal instructions to let your property we will:
- Market the property from our offices
- Advertise in local press. Placing a ‘To Let’ sign at the premises.
- Advertise on rightmove – the largest property portal.
- Viewings- accompany viewings whenever possible and always where we have keys to the property.
- Vet potential tenants, interviewing and obtaining credit references and guarantors when necessary
- Prepare Assured Shorthold Tenancy Agreements.
- Collect the first month’s rent and deposit
- Hold the tenants deposit in compliance with the Housing Act 2004
- Tenancy Deposit Scheme, should you not have registered with your own deposit scheme.
The Full Management Service
This is the hassle free option. In addition to all the Let Only services, we will:
- Arrange Inventory/Schedule of Condition prior to letting
- Inform local authority and utility services of the change of occupancy
- Monitor rental payments, collect rent and pay it over to you by BACS transfer, less our agreed fees and expenses.
- Hold the tenant’s deposit in compliance with the terms of the Housing Act 2004 Tenancy Deposit Scheme
- Inspect the property quarterly and report any problems found, always checking with you before carrying out repairs ( unless by prior agreement)
- Advising you when end of tenancy approaches and negotiating new tenancy or finding new tenants as necessary.
- Agreeing any delapidations (over and above fair wear and tear) with tenants before releasing their deposit
- Arranging any necessary cleaning and minor repairs and deducting costs from tenants deposit, subject to the terms of the Tenancy Deposit Scheme legislation.
- We have a tried and tested list of local tradesmen who are reliable and trustworthy and whose charges are reasonable!
Landlord's Levels of Service / Fees
|Full Management||Let Only|
|Set-up Fee||£240.00 (inc vat)||6% of annual rent (inc vat)|
|Monthly Charge||12% of rent collected inc vat|
|Advertising for Tenants||✓||✓|
|Bank / Building Society||✓||✓|
|Drawing up Tenancy Agreements||✓||✓|
|Collect 1st Month's Rent & Deposit||✓||✓|
|Inventory / Schedule of Condition||✓|
|Property Maintenence Organised||✓|
|Rental Guarantee Service (six months)||✓|
|NO RE-LETTING FEE'S WHEN TENANTS MOVE OUT||✓|
Redress Scheme Membership
Ashton & Perkins Ltd are members of the Property Ombudsman Scheme.
Client Money Protection
All tenant’s deposits are registered with the Tenancy Deposit Scheme (TDS).
Ashton & Perkins Ltd is a part of the National Federation of Property Professionals
Client Money Protection Scheme Ref: C0014717